The Level 4 Qualification in Supporting Pupils’ Wellbeing Through Physical Education is a nationally recognised qualification that enables delegates to become specialists in supporting the emotional and social wellbeing of pupils through physical education.
This qualification is open to both primary and secondary school teachers with QTS involved in the teaching of physical education. Primary schools can use their PE and sports funding to cover the cost of the course and teacher release time to complete the qualification.
Our course will take place online on the 10th March 2021 (full day), 12th May 2021 (half day) and the 10th June 2021 (half day).
- Explain the importance of emotional and social wellbeing to pupils’ education and wider development
- Recognise current challenges to pupils’ emotional and social wellbeing
- Advocate the role of physical education in promoting pupils’ emotional and social wellbeing
- Plan, implement and evaluate physical education approaches that:
o support pupils’ emotional and social wellbeing within their own practice
o enable pupils to take care of their own emotional and social wellbeing
o assist colleagues to support pupils’ emotional and social wellbeing in physical education
- Contribute to the promotion of pupils’ emotional and social wellbeing across the school
Impact on pupils
The specialist’s work will help pupils to develop positive emotional and social wellbeing by enabling them, in school and beyond, to:
- Connect to others and develop a sense of belonging
- Be active – physically and mentally
- Take notice of their environment and its impact on their emotions
- Keep learning and pursue their interests
- Give their time, energy, skills and positive attributes